Friday, March 14, 2008

My Introduction

So, I guess Ill be the first to introduce myself. Im Shannon, and I am married to Heather's cousin, Brian. I would love to lose weight. Its been almost 14 months since the birth of my second boy, Austin. Ever since then I have wanted to get back to a good weight. So, I weigh 138 now and I would like to weigh (yikes!) 120. Yeah, that sounds skinny, but I would love to fit into my size 2-4 wardrobe! I would also love to have my energy back as well. Keeping up with two active boys really wears me out and I am frustrated that I dont have any energy to play with them. I would also like to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed. I know that the combination of working out and losing weight can fix that!
My delimma is that we dont have money for a gym membership and it isnt quite warm enough outside to run or walk. I need help and suggestions on what do to on a budget that will help me obtain my goals! I am looking for a good double jogger stroller, so if you have any experience with certian brands or know of someone selling one, let me know!
Thanks Heather, for the invite and I look forward to sharing stories and support!


Before 2 kids


After 2 kids


Before Picture:This was me in the Dominican Republic in 2004 before Drew was born.This is the weight I want to be at (even though I was 10 weeks prego!)

After Picture: This was at Sundance last weekend. Much rounder face and I would never wear a swimsuit! (I might as well be 10 weeks prego with this pooch and weight!)

4 comments:

  1. I have one title for you: The Firm. No joke, after King I didn't have a gym membership and it was too cold outside, so I found this workout video at the library and it kicked my trash! I jokingly got it, and even though it was totally cheesy, I couldn't even finish the video! My goal was to be able to do the whole hour workout. All you need is a chair. I didn't use weights, I was dying without them. Seriously, I swear by this video. I worked up and did it 2-3 times a week. It strengthens muscles and gives you cardio. Make sure you get the "Lower Body Split". That is the one I am talking about. I would do it with King screaming on the couch, he didn't like to let me work out, and eventually I found it was better if I worked out while he napped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to get this DVD! It sounds great and I know a variety is always great when you're working out.

    Norda - does "Lower Body Split" mean it's main focus is the lower body? It seams obvious but I just want to clarify. The lower body is my problem area for sure.

    One DVD I really like also is Taebo. There is one DVD that has the basic workout, the advanced and the 8 minute workout. Kickboxing is a workout that was good for me because I'm too uncoordinated for aerobics.

    Shannon I think it's awesome you're on here and I'm excited to see everyone at the family reunion in June... (no pressure, right?) Haha!

    There is a bike stroller at Costco right now for $179. I want to sell my single jogging stroller on KSL and use that money towards the upgrade. I did go on a walk last week (it was walk your kid to school day) and it was an adventure. Ashley rode her bike, and I had Madi and Josh in my Graco double stroller and Sadi was in the very bottom part of the stroller - where you store bags and whatnot. It was hilarious. Towards the end (of the 3 miles) Madi's poor hands were cold so she was crying and Ashley had to go to the bathroom, but otherwise it worked out fine. So a triple stroller would be great but the undercompartment of the double will work just great
    while Sadie is still so little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, that is so funny about putting Sadie in the bag compartment! A triple would do you well for a few months...and thanks for the suggestions! Ill see if they have "The Firm" somewhere to rent or buy. We have this great walk to the park and walking back from the park is strictly uphill. Its a good lower body work out. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - Yes the "Lower Body Split" is mainly your lower half, but also includes some AWESOME ab workouts. I also rented the "Upper Body Split", but didn't find it as challenging as the other one. Plus you really needed weights for that one. My problem areas are my lower half as well. I googled The Firm awhile ago and found they have a number of different videos. I think this Lower Body Split was one of the first. I agree with changing up your workouts for sure. After awhile it's hard to be as motivated to do the whole video after you've practically memorized it!

    By the way, it does get kind of confusing because they work one leg in a number of different exercised before switching to the other leg. It took me awhile to figure it out.

    That is hilarious about the stroller! I have been debating about if I really NEED a double stroller. We walk around 2 - 2.5 miles a day (the mommies in my complex) and I just figured I could use my stroller for one child, and our sling or backpack child-carrier thingy for the other. We shall see. I didn't even think about using the bottom basket, that might work just fine since it will be August when I plan on starting my workout routine. We've gone a couple of times so far this month (and King's hands did the same thing - froze). I can't wait for warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete