Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mastercleanse or Lemonade Diet

DAY ONE

I got an email from some random person and the subject was "why you are fat"... I didn't know who this person was and couldn't imagine how she could possibly know I was "fat". Well, after I opened the email I saw that it was some advertisement for cleansing oneself. I read it and became interested in the whole idea of cleaning out ones intestines of all the impurities that breed there.

After a little more online research I discovered Mastercleanse, which is also known as the Lemonade Diet. I decided to give it a shot. It will interfere with the Body for Life I started over a week ago, but I'll just start that over once this is done. I'm very intrigued by how the mastercleanse will work and will be posting my journey and results here on this blog.

Here is the daily recipe I'll be using during the 10 day cleanse:

the juice of 5 lemons
1 1/4 cup of organic Grade B maple syrup
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
10 cups of water


Each night I will drink an Herbal Laxative Tea.

Each morning I will drink a saltwater flush:

2 level teaspoons of uniodized sea salt
1 quart of lukewarm water

WISH ME LUCK! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Heather I was totally going to post this cleanse on here! Kendall has done this a couple of times since we've been married, and he could only do it for about 4 or 5 days at a time, but he swore by it! I've wanted to try it, but I've either been pregnant or nursing, so haven't had the opportunity. Also, as a tip, for Kendall he had to drink a lot more than they recommended in the booklet we read. He just listened to his body and felt out how much he needed to function. Also, he started the first day with the salt water cleanse, but that was it. I thought you only started with that, not every day. Also, he did the herbal laxative a couple of times, but again not every day. I can't remember what exactly the book said about it, but just be careful! Good luck, I can't wait to hear how you do and feel. We've had some other members of his family do it as well, and I've heard and seen mixed results.

    One in particular hated it, and couldn't function, she felt really sick. She also has a habit of drinking 64 ounces or more of coke a day, so I think her symptoms were more due to her not drinking her usual amount of caffeine and sugar. Kinda sounded like she had "withdrawl" symptoms to me. Anyhow, let us know with updates how you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. When you do the saltwater stuff, make sure you can be close to the bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave! There is no way I could do that. Good luck and I look forward to "seeing" how it works for you...you never know, it may inspire me to try. ;)

    ReplyDelete