Sunday, March 16, 2008

Introduction

Hmm.....I guess I'll start with how I know Heather. We served in the same mission and have kept in contact (Christmas cards, emails, etc.) since we have both been home. Since then, I have gotten married and have had four kids. My husband and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary and my oldest child just turned 6. After my first child I lost tons of weight but then it all went down hill from there. I just kept gaining and gaining. Every time I tried to lose I would gain what I did lose back and more. I really want to be healthy and back to my favorite size but.....well...sometimes it just seems so far away!

Here's my plan: I will take one day at a time instead of looking at the LONG road ahead. I joined Weight Watchers and will start the program tomorrow as well as walk on my treadmill for 3o minutes everyday while watching Biggest Loser (recorded). My goal is to lose 60 lbs. That will put me where I was when we got married and I was happy there!

Here are some pictures:


(Most of the pictures that I have from when we first got married are hard copies, so this is as close as I can get to a 'before' picture. )


(Picture of my family. Since I've gained so much weight I don't allow pictures to be taken of me unless I can hide most of myself behind something or someone.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm the same as you - I hate full body shots when I'm overweight but snap all you want when I'm skinny! Haha!

    You'll do great with Weight Watchers - I have some friends on that and they've really done well. That's funny about watching The Biggest Loser while you workout - I do too! It's such a great motivator while you're working out. I just wish it was on more than just once a week. The crazy thing is that some of these people weigh the same as I do right now but I don't feel like I'm as big as them. They're probably a lot shorter than I am though.

    You're about my same height - 6 feet tall? So what is your goal weight? I feel really great when I'm a fit 165-175. Weight Watchers says I should weigh anywhere from 147-177. I've got the same amount to lose as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got home from my mission I was 195 and felt great!!! I'd be happy if I got down to 200. Yeah, I'm almost 6 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete