Friday, March 28, 2008

DAY TWO Mastercleanse

Well I'm almost done with day two of the mastercleanse and it's going okay. I'm not experiencing the hunger pains I was expecting and when I do feel hungry I just drink a glass of the lemonade mixture and the hunger quickly subsides. My energy level is not depleted either which is surprising.

I made a roast for dinner last night and even though the smell filled my house the entire day long, it wasn't too hard to just drink the lemonade for dinner. Tonight, however, the kids had pizza and cheetos for dinner and I wanted those crunchy cheetos so bad. I love a good crunchy food and know that's what I will be missing the most during this fast.

The lemonade mixture itself is quite nasty but it's growing on me. The first day my gag reflex was quite sensitive, but today I'm able to drink without feeling like I'm going to throw up. I was only able to drink 5 glasses on the first day, but today I drank about 7. The recommended serving is 6-12 cups a day. Tomorrow when I make a new batch of the drink I'm going to use half as much maple syrup (Stanley Burroughs says this is okay if you're overweight) and maybe the drink will taste better.

Last night I had the laxative tea and this morning I drank a quart of the salt water. The tea was neither good nor bad, but the salt water was really gross. One quart is a lot! I drank it through a straw and that seemed a little easier. About 20-30 min's after drinking the salt water my stomach started gurgling and I visited the lady's room...

I'm looking forward to drinking the tea in a little bit to end the night and then on to tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my laxative-loving sister! How's day three coming along? Nice job on keeping up with it. By day one I was dying... Congrats on mastercleansing! Notice anything different in your, um, POOP yet? ;D

    ReplyDelete