Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here we go!!!

Sadie is almost 6 weeks old and I'm ready to really start moving and getting back into shape. Since Sadie was born I've lost 22 lbs so that's been great. A lot of it has probably been water weight, otherwise I've been pretty good about Slimfast for breakfast and lunch.

I've got another 65 to go (yes - I gained a TON with back to back pregnancies and I don't recommend going into a pregnancy 20 lbs overweight if you can help it) and will lose that weight doing the Body for Life program as well as Slim Fast.

I've always loved just drinking a shake for breakfast and I'll rotate the lunch and dinner thing with Slimfast and healthy foods Body for Life recommends. I'll be needing more protein as I build muscle anyway.

I'm going to start the Body for Life workout on Monday, the 14th of March. I'll do weights on M, W, and Friday's at 6 am (Rich can listen for babies if they wake up) and the 20-minute cardio on the other days. I'm also going to try to do the 20 minute cardio on my weight lifting days to get the ball really rolling depending on if I'm able to squeeze it in. I LOVE that it's only 20 minutes and you get such great results! I will start my monthly before and after photos too... that is just the neatest thing - to see yourself shrinking!!!

I did this same workout after Madi was born and was 8 weeks into it when I found out I was expecting Sadie. So I quit... BUT... I did lose a significant amount of weight and felt like it was a really doable program and highly recommend it to everyone. I took the Body for Life book and I went to Kinkos and shrunk the weight lifting pages down and laminated them and put them on a ring. That made it a lot easier to do the exercises.

So now I'm inviting people to join me in my weight loss journey and we can all do it together!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Heather!! OK, I'm ready for some new motivation! As you know, I lost 50 lbs between February of 2007 and October 2007 but the holidays about killed me -- or at least threw my diet out the window -- and I've been slowly adding on a few pounds here and there. If you don't mind, I'll add some posts as well and we can help motivate each other! Bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great kelly! It would be awesome to have you on board. You did so great with Weight Watchers but maybe something like this blog will help all of us be more consistent with our weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Heather! I've gone down 5 sizes and lost 50 or more pounds since last May. I still have a little more to lose. I am picking up my exercises again this month (I wasn't being very consistant with them) and watching my eating more closly. This is great motivation!!

    I am committed to do my workout every morning mon thru fri! I am excited that we can motivate each other!

    Heather you are looking good!! How did you lose the 22 pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to hear from you--congratulations on #5! good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey jenny -

    I would never have guessed you were "SOULSPICE"!!! You go girl! haha!

    I think the 22 lbs I lost were the combination of water weight and me drinking Slimfast. I've been walking and I've jumped on the eliptical just a few times this last week, but that's just so when I do start the 12 week Body for Life program I won't be starting cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, I have a question about the slimfast. Are you nursing? Do you find you have the energy you need throughout the day? I didn't get serious with losing baby weight until I was done nursing, but I don't want to do that this time around...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Norda!
    No - I'm not nursing and I wouldn't do Slimfast if I was just cause the baby wouldn't be getting enough nutrients.
    With Slimfast I do find that my energy level is great (regardless of the crazy sleep schedule) and have used Slimfast to drop the weight after each baby.

    ReplyDelete