Monday, March 24, 2008

How did everyone do over Easter?

I did pretty good thanks to my stingy-but-sweet nephew who wouldn't share any Reeses Peanut butter eggs with me... ;) I had gone to Walmart a few days before Easter and the the candy was pretty much gone. It was probably a good thing though cause all I ended up buying were some chocolate eggs, Robin eggs, and that's about it. Last year I bought Reeses eggs, Milky Way and Snickers eggs, and other things I really love. I guess that's the secret - just buy candy you don't like and the temptation won't be there.

Oh - and if you're craving french fries (which I always do)... I made potato wedges for Easter dinner last night and I loved them. I had a seasoning I bought in a packet at Walmart, but I figure it's pretty easy to concoct your own.

Seasonings (I'm going to experiment but maybe even salt and pepper would be tasty)
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
3 medium potatoes cut lengthwise in 8 pieces

1. Mix seasonings with olive oil
2. Add seasoning mixture to ziploc bag and add potato wedges.
3. Mix till potatoes are coated
4. 400 degrees 30-40 minutes depending on how crisp you want them

4 comments:

  1. You saw me eat all of that candy last night and now I feel SICK! Bleh... Easter DAY was fine, but last night made up for it candy-wise. :) This got me thinking... I want to make a list of healthy snacks because whenever I'm at the store I can never think of yummy foods to snack on. And when I don't have good snacks I tend to eat bad snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you make your list of healthy snacks - post them on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have made those potato wedges a few times. We found a seasoning package at Ream's that had the exact same instructions...and we love them! Our next quest - sweet potato fries! (Not with that seasoning though) We've been wanting to try that for awhile, but haven't yet. Sweet potatoes are packed with more nutrients than regular potatoes I think.

    Our Easter was pretty good. My aunt sent us a package with candy, so we have more than I'd like to have around the house. And what do you know? I've been eating all of it! I feel really munchy during the day, so I would like to see a list of "healthy" snacks too Jessi!

    Also, I notice when I eat a lot of sugar, I want more and more of it. I hadn's eaten candy for a long time until this weekend, and I crave it every day now! Stupid sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I've learned about sugar is that it's addictive (and maybe that's stating the obvious), but as soon as you eat sugar you're going to crave it for the rest of the day. So when my kids want a sugary treat early in the day I always think about that and have them wait till after lunch at least.

    ReplyDelete