Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Advantages of Walking

Walking can add minutes to your life.
This enables you at 85 years old
to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
home at $7000 per month.

My mother-in-law started walking
five miles a day when she was 80.
Now she's 81 years old
and we don't know where the hell she is.

I like long walks,
especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking
is so that I could hear heavy breathing again!

I have to walk early in the morning,
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I joined a health club last year,
spent abo ut 400 bucks.
Haven't lost a pound.
Apparently you have to go there.

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs,
but fortunately my stomach covers them.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
start with a small country.

I know I got a lot of exercise
the last few years,......
just getting over the hill.

1 comment:

  1. Walking is definitely a great exercise, but now that it is getting a little cooler I started doing Zumba workouts. I saw a demonstration on TV and it looked like a lot of fun. I have been looking for a workout that is different and would keep my interest and this definitely does.
    More information on zumba workouts

    I have lost weight so it is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete